I saw an excellent post by IDEO (you can follow them on Instagram) recently that sums up the key points to enable creativity in the workplace.
We’ve added and built upon these ideas (much like #2!)
Rules to work and live by
- ENCOURAGE wild ideas. The wilder the better!
- BUILD on the ideas of others. Foster healthy verbal ‘ping-pong’ sessions. Dedicate walls for sharing these ideas!
- DEFER judgement. Don’t be a ‘con-killer’ (conversation killer)
- STAY FOCUSSED on the topic. Define the problem initially, and always refer back to the objectives.
- ONE CONVERSATION at a time. Everyones voice is important, so respect the use of it! Using your ears is 95% of an effective conversation!
- BE VISUAL. Use whiteboards. Use paper. Use plasticine. Whatever works for you…
On Tuesday, I delivered a talk ‘How does Service Design & Product Management Co-Exist’ with Adrienne Tan from Brainmates in Sydney.
This topic is a really important one for businesses of all sizes, as the (traditional) role of User Experience Designer becomes harder to define, especially within the business context.
Within this talk, we covered topics such as
Who owns what? Who does what? Do I need a Product Manager? What’s the difference between a User experience consultant vs a Service Designer?
A big thank you to everybody who came and participated in the lively Q+A and discussion afterwards.
Finally, a big thanks to Brainmates for inviting me to speak and also to Kai from Offscreen Magazine, who kindly donated 10 of his amazing magazines for the event. Thanks Kai!
Here are the slides for the talk: